Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Embellish or Not?

So, I spent the majority of my Sunday choosing and cutting fabric to increase my inventory of iPad covers and journal covers to sell.  I tried this time to think more like the average consumer rather than with my unique aesthetic.  I am not sure I completely succeeded in that, but there are definitely a variety of materials.  Then I ran across my stash of embellishments.  I also ran across some light weight leather and suede.

Now, I could use trims and things to make these items more unique and special...
Or, I could keep them simple and more plain.  Maybe a mix of both?

What would you do?

It has not been a good year to sell handmade items in my area.  I am still willing to give this a chance, but I am cautious.  People say they like what I make, but they don't buy.  Is it the economy?  Is it my taste in materials? 

No comments:

Post a Comment