Sunday, September 23, 2012

A new technique and friendship

I am absolutely in love with the binding technique!  And it does not require handwork as long as you match the bobbin thread to the back and the top thread to the "piping."  You can learn about it here: http://www.52quilts.com/2012/05/tuesday-tutorial-susies-magic-binding.html

I have to say that I had to send this one out for quilting since I was not in good health.  It came out beautifully.

This piece is from my quilting friends from New Jersey.  They gave it to me after my recent surgery as a get well gift.  Not sure you can see their signatures.  I am so grateful for the support of my friends and family.  It hangs in my sewing room for inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. That looks GREAT!!!! And I love the quilt your NJ quilting friends gave you! How very, very kind!!!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete