Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Progress

Made lots of progress on things this weekend.  Borders are on the purple block exchange top and I am very happy with it.  It won't be a large quilt.  Just enough to make for a fun quilting opportunity.  I am going to experiment with new quilting designs i have been inspired by on Pinterest.  I get a lot of inspiration there.


Pinterest was where I got the idea for this off center log cabin block.  The other blocks are from a panel I cut into blocks and i wanted something interesting to go around them.  i was going to mix it up with different blocks.  However, this block proved to be enough of a challenge that I decided to stick with it.  I just could not wrap my head around the order of the piecing!  and the graduating colors only added to the confusion.  But after several attempts and my trusty seam ripper, I think I finally nailed it.  i am going to like my coffee quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment