Saturday, February 25, 2012

Ironing Board

I decided that I needed a large ironing surface, so off to the hardware store I went to get a nice, pre-cut piece of plywood.  Then off to the craft store for foam, batting and silver iron cover.  Armed with a trusty staple gun, I made my nice, large ironing surface.  It fits nicely on top of my cutting/pressing table and can be put away when guests invade my sewing room.

As you can see, my assistants are not thrilled with the prospect of my using any tools.  Just can't get good help these days.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it! I covered plywood and batting for mine, but just used heavy fabric. I hadn't even thought of getting the silver ironing board stuff -- I guess it didn't occur to me they sold it. (D'oh.) I need to look for some. :)
    KZK
    PS: Stop working the pups so hard!!!

    ReplyDelete