Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Teacher's Messenger bag

 This bag was a request from my cousin for her daughter, who is a teacher.  I had a really hard time finding teacher themed fabric, but I did find this alphabet fabric.  Also requested were bright primary colors - and boy is it bright!  Then I found this really cute Ric-rac - I couldn't resist.
Quilting was fun too - lots of loops to offset all of the straight lines in a colorful variegated thread.  She wanted her daughter's name on it, but, frankly, I didn't trust my free motion quilting skills quite enough to do her whole name.  So I settled for initials instead.  Can you see them in the picture?  They are there, but subtle and I like the way that looks.  The alphabet fabric would have competed with any other kind of lettering, I think.

I hope she likes it!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. If you click on the image to make it big you can see the initials.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete