Saturday, November 5, 2011

Craft Show

Here is my booth at the craft show today.  The show was a fundraiser for a really cool non-profit that helps kids learn and play music.  The kids performed during the show and they were just incredible.  I ran around yesterday in a bit of a tizzy, as it dawned on me that my display set up was rather lacking.  So, off to Tuesday Morning I went and found some rather nice fabric colored boxes and a matching table cloth.  Then a trip to the local thrift store helped me to score the skinny fold up shelf unit for a mere $15.  Yes, I should have ironed the table cloth, but I think my display looks pretty darned good otherwise.

I have another show next weekend, where I really hope to do better sales.  We had absolutely no foot traffic at all today.  I actually did more sewing behind my table then selling.  At least I was allowed to bring my machine.  I read somewhere that people like to see you creating and it will generate interest, so what the heck.  Next week's event is a longer running show, with many rules for the craft's people.  Nothing next to your table on the floor, so no shelf unit.  Hopefully there will be many more customers.  Cross your fingers.

There must be an art to these craft shows and I have yet to figure out their secrets.

1 comment:

  1. Your booth looked great! Maybe next weekend wills go better!
    (It's me, not the boys. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete